As if you needed one more article telling you to ditch sugar to increase your health and longevity. But in case you weren’t aware of all the ways sugar can harm your health, here are 50 ways, researched and proven.
1. Sugar lowers immune function, leading to chronic dis-ease and frequent sickness.
2. Sugar upsets the mineral absorption in the body, leading to malnutrition which in turns leads to obesity.
3. Sugar creates hyperactivity, anxiety, difficulty concentrating, and crankiness in children by too many insulin spikes and crashes.
4. Sugar increases triglycerides in our body leading to high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and poor heart health.
5. Sugar kills off good bacteria in the gut and feeds the harmful fungal bacteria, leading to lack of defense against bacterial infection (infectious diseases).
6. Sugar lowers tissue elasticity and function, meaning the more sugar you eat the more stiff you are and function you loose.
7. Sugar reduces good helpful cholesterol and increases the harmful cholesterol.
8. Sugar leads to chromium deficiency, which leads to insulin resistance and even Type 2 Diabetes.
9 Sugar has been researched and proven to cause cancer of the ovaries.
10. Sugar chronically effects fasting levels of glucose, leading to pre-diabetes.
11. Sugar causes copper deficiency, which is one of the big culprits behind premature graying of the hair.
12. Sugar interferes with absorption of magnesium, of which is required for 75% of the functions in your body.
13. Sugar weakens eyesight and is attributed with macular degeneration.
14. Sugar negatively affects the level of a neurotransmitters: dopamine, serotonin, and norepinephrine.
15. Sugar is the main culprit behind hypoglycemia or low blood sugar issues.
16. Sugar contributes to an acidic digestive tract leading to bloating, gas, constipation, IBS and a host of other digestive problems .
17. Sugar causes a rapid rise of adrenaline levels in children leading to over-excitement and irritability.
18. Sugar is the main issue behind persons with functional bowel disease.
19. Sugar causes premature aging by creating cellular inflammation and toxicity.
20. Sugar intake can exassperate alcoholism and cravings for alcoholism .
21. Sugar is well known to cause tooth decay.
22. Sugar contributes to obesity in a wide variety of ways, but mainly from too much processed, refined sugar in fast foods.
23. Sugar increases the risk of Crohn’s disease, and ulcerative colitis.
24. Sugar has been associated with gastric or duodenal ulcers.
25. Sugar creates chronic inflammation and is the leading cause of arthritis.
26. Sugar intake creates inflammation in the lungs contributing to asthma.
27. Sugar increases and assists the growth of Candida Albicans (yeast infections) feeding them and keeping them thriving inside you.
28. Sugar can create gallstones.
29. Sugar is the main issue that leads to heart disease.
30. Sugar is attributed to appendicitis.
31. Sugar has been researched to have caused and furthered multiple sclerosis.
32. Sugar creates constipation and thereby, hemorrhoids.
33. Sugar is shown to be the cause of varicose veins due to vascular inflammation.
34. Sugar is shown to increase glucose and insulin responses in oral contraceptive users.
35. Sugar can lead to peripheral artery disease.
36. Sugar is a huge culprit behind osteoporosis.
37. Sugar causes heartburn, GERD and acid reflux in children and adults.
38. Sugar decreases insulin sensitivity.
39. Sugar lowers the amount of Vitamin E (alpha-Tocopherol) in the blood leading to chronic liver disease.
40. Sugar can decrease growth hormone, which is the leading reason for accelerated aging.
41. Sugar is the reason behind non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
42. Sugar creates inflammation in the brain and is one of the main causes of brain fog, and trouble focusing.
43. Sugar causes drowsiness and decreased activity in children after a sugar spike, when the crash sets in.
44. Sugar intake, even too much fruit, increases advanced glycation end products (AGEs) or the reason behind why people are aging faster than ever.
45. Sugar interferes with the absorption of protein, and slows metabolism.
46. Sugar in high amounts daily creates food allergies stemming from leaky gut.
47. Sugar creates a leaky gut, or holes in the gut lining where undigested food particles can pass into blood stream.
48. Sugar causes toxemia during pregnancy.
49. Sugar is a main factor behind eczema in children.
50. Sugar is the leading cause of cardiovascular disease in researched studies.
If that’s not enough, one of the main complaints I hear is about “being tired.” “I’m just so tired all the time.” “I wake up tired, I go through my day tired, and I go to bed tired.” This is not normal. This is stemming from too much processed sugar and carbs that have left your cells with an inability to receive the glucose you are consuming. This is most likely due to insulin resistance, a very dangerous road that eventually leads to a whole host of diseases. If this describes you, consider visiting my “shop” page and downloading my “3 Day Sugar Detox“, to help you get off of sugar for good.
Your health, life, and life’s purpose are worth it. If you want to feel 100% so you can live 100%, don’t let sugar hold you back.