One of my favorite finds at Paleo FX this year was just literally just a hop, skip, and a jump away from quite possibly the world’s most perfect protein!
AKETTA Cricket Protein “chips” – these were DELICIOUS! EVEN MY TODDLER WANTED MORE!
So here’s 5 reasons you might want to use the promo code mentioned below and check out the value of eating crickets:
- Incredibly high in protein. Ounce for ounce, crickets have more than twice the protein of beef and contain all the amino acids. More nutritious to the body than other protein sources because “You’re eating bones and organs, which deliver calcium, iron, vitamin B12, and zinc. It’s like if somebody ground up a whole cow.”
- Incredibly easy to source and are much more healthier on the environment and the economy to farm then beef or poultry. Crickets create a fraction of the greenhouse gases; plus, they can grow in small spaces and use scarcely any water. A single pound of beef, by comparison, requires thousands of gallons of water—2,600 to 5,200, according to estimates from the U.N.’s Food and Agriculture Organization and some farms that raise chickens, pigs, and cows—especially cows—look like nuclear waste dump. Cattle take two to three years to reach slaughter weight; crickets grow from egg to adult in seven weeks. “
- They actually taste fantastic. Crickets surprisingly taste great! They have a taste and smell profile of sunflower seeds and roasted nuts.
- Cricket flour helps to build muscle and lose or maintain weight. It is a good source of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin B12, vitamin B2, iron and calcium. It may be worth giving this sustainable and healthy source of protein a try soon.
- And remember how we are daily aiming to get our omega-3 DHA-rich foods in to make adequate Vitamin D with our ample sun exposure (because I know you surely have been listening to my podcasts, right), to create better mitochondria within the cells and more optimal healing overall? Well crickets are a good source of DHA and EPA, essential fatty acids.
Ready to try some for yourself?? Check out www.aketta.com and use promo code “GETFIT” for 20% off! Affordable and delicious!